IE6 thinks it is Netscape

Thread: IE6 thinks it is Netscape

Default IE6 thinks it is Netscape

I have just installed IE 6 and ran one of my intranet <BR>pages which creates a server object to test the Browser <BR>version. A simple page created in Microsoft InterDev.<BR><BR>The object returns the name of the browser as "Netscape" - <BR>What is going on ??????<BR><BR>The code from the page is ...<BR>&#060;%@ Language=VBScript %&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039;Create an instance of the Browser Capabilities Component<BR>Dim objBrowser<BR>Set objBrowser = Server.CreateObject("MSWC.BrowserType")<BR><BR>Res ponse.Write (objBrowser.Browser)<BR><BR>set objBrowser=nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR>

Default RE: IE6 thinks it is Netscape

If I am not mistaken, the MSCW.BrowserType object needs an .ini file with all the possible browsers (i think it is called browscap.ini, somewhere in your winntsystem32 folder).<BR>Update that one, or get the latest one from microsoft and i think your component will come to its senses.

Default do it like this...

If instr(1,Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT") , "MSIE") &#062; 0 Then<BR> strBrowser = "ie"<BR>elseif instr(1,Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT") ,"Netscape6") &#062; 0 Then<BR> strBrowser = "ns6"<BR>else<BR> strBrowser = "ns"<BR>End If