Importing data in Access

Thread: Importing data in Access

Default Importing data in Access

I&#039;d like to import the data from a table in one database into a table in another database. Is there a relatively easy way to do so?<BR>I&#039;m not much of a Macro coder, and I didn&#039;t see any Import tools that do this (they import a table from one DB to the next, but I don&#039;t think they import data from a table into another table in another DB.)<BR>Any suggestions? Should I make an ASP page? I might need to do something of that sort for error checking and such, but I was looking to see if there was a better way.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Steven<BR>

Default You can do it all in Access...

Use the HELP icon in Access.<BR><BR>Click on "Contents and Inedex"<BR><BR>Click on the "Index" tab<BR><BR>Type in "INTO"<BR><BR>Click on "INTO keyword"<BR><BR>Click on "SELECT INTO statement"<BR><BR>See the directions.<BR><BR>Basically, you&#039;ll open a new query, select the table you are interested in, select "View &#124 SQL View", and then type in:<BR><BR>SELECT * INTO newtable IN c:dirxyz.mdb FROM oldtable<BR><BR>Presto.<BR><BR>Yes, you can also do that from ASP, but if this is a one-time thing, why bother?<BR><BR>