recordset connection object problem

Thread: recordset connection object problem

Default recordset connection object problem

I get the following error :<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0bb9&#039; <BR><BR>Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR>/websites/MustekIntranet/admin/addremedit.asp, line 188 <BR><BR>When I use the following code:-----&#062;<BR><BR>strSQl = "select * from wotzup where Contentid=" & iRecordId & ";"<BR> <BR> set rstDBEdit = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> rstDBEdit.Open strSQL, CONN_STRING, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText &#060;&#060;---"this is the line"<BR><BR>I am not to sure why I am getting this error ; I was getting this error with a connection object but managed to fix it up by changing some of the connection properties but this doesn&#039;t budge no matter what I&#039;ve tried....<BR><BR>Thanx<BR><BR>

Default RE: recordset connection object problem

First: do you include the file, so you can use the ado constants such as asCmdText? If not, you want to do that, or use the values of these constants in your code.<BR><BR>Second: it may be possible that the provider you use does not support the combination of OpenKeyset and LockOptimistic. try another combination.