adodb error in ASP page

Thread: adodb error in ASP page

Default adodb error in ASP page

why do i get this error when a do an SQL read from my ASP page?<BR><BR>ADODB.Field error &#039;80020009&#039; <BR><BR>Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record. <BR><BR>p.s the code is as follows<BR><BR>do while not rsqsmodel3.eof<BR>if not rsqsmodel3.eof then%&#062;<BR> <BR> &#060;option&#062;&#060;%=rsqsmodel3(1)%&#062;&#06 0;/option&#062;<BR> <BR>&#060;%<BR>rsqsmodel3.movenext<BR>end if<BR>loop<BR>

Default RE: adodb error in ASP page

The error is that you are at BOF or EOF, or the currect record has bee deleted.<BR><BR>From your code I can see that you are not at EOF, since you check this twize! (DO-loop and IF-statement, the IF-statement is not neccessary...).<BR>So you probably are at BOF, easy to check with:<BR><BR>Response.Write rsqsmodel3.bof<BR><BR>If this results in "True", you are at BOF (Beginning of File), so you need a MoveNext first.<BR><BR>The other possibility is that you&#039;ve executed a Delete command, with:<BR><BR>rsqsmodel3.Delete<BR><BR>You may want to check for that as well.