ADO Error

Thread: ADO Error

Manpreet Guest

Default ADO Error

ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0e78&#039 <BR>The operation requested by the application is not allowed if the object is closed. <BR><BR>can sum one help me with this error<BR>i am deleting a record from the db.<BR>if i am not mistaken - in case of insert,update,delete the resultset contains the numbar of rows affected.<BR>So when i do a - ( if rs.EOF Then .... show error message)<BR>the above error occurs.<BR>

Default RE: ADO Error

Perhaps this is the same problem you are experiencing?<BR>Hmm. I have been experiencing a problem on some pages when I have explicitly closed the Result Set and set it to Nothing after having used the queries etc, that is, at the end of the document:<BR>_______________________<BR>&#039Poste r.Close &#060;&#060;- These two were the problem<BR>&#039Set Poster = Nothing &#060;&#060;--<BR>RS.Close<BR>Set RS = Nothing<BR>Databas.Close<BR>Set Databas = Nothing<BR>________________________<BR><BR>Without commenting it generated this result:<BR>________________________<BR><BR>ADODB.R ecordset error &#039 800a0e78&#039 <BR><BR>The operation requested by the application is not allowed if the object is closed. <BR><BR>/qhem/suggestionin.asp, line 92 <BR>________________________<BR><BR>So I just commented them, although, of course, it would be more optimal to be able to close the resultset. Why I&#039m able to close the other resultset I just don&#039t know... ;)<BR><BR><BR><BR>.jonas