Updateing a Tables in a Database

Thread: Updateing a Tables in a Database

Default Updateing a Tables in a Database

I have a SQL database with numerous tables. One table has some 8000 records in it. Each record has about 30 some fields in it. Half the fields are already entered from an import I did off a CSV file. The other half are are empty right now. I want to be able to update those other fields from an Excel file. The table and the excel file will have 1 field in common, the SKU field. <BR><BR>Can this be done and if so, how?<BR><BR>Thank You in Advance<BR>ferretworks<BR>

Default Looks to me...

...like it&#039;s pretty easy: <BR><BR>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tsqlref/ts_oa-oz_2be1.asp?frame=true <BR><BR>On that page we see: <BR><BR>*** QUOTE *** <BR>This is an example of a query against an Excel spreadsheet through the OLE DB provider for Jet. <BR><BR>SELECT * <BR>FROM OpenDataSource( &#039;Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0&#039;, <BR> &#039;Data Source="c:Financeaccount.xls";User ID=Admin;Password=;Extended properties=Excel 5.0&#039; <BR> )...xactions <BR><BR>*** END QUOTE *** <BR><BR><BR>Incidentally, I do *NOT* use SQL Server. I found that by just looking at the TSQL reference, finding the SELECT statement reference, linking to the FROM clause, from there to the detailed FROM info, from there to OPENDATASOURCE. About 3 or 4 minutes. The MS docs are really pretty easy to use, once you get used to navigating them. <BR><BR><BR><BR>