Can't get query to operate

Thread: Can't get query to operate

Synapse Lapse Guest

Default Can't get query to operate

Hey -<BR>I&#039;m having an issue with and SQL statement that&#039;s not working correctly. I&#039;m using Access (I know, I know -I&#039;ve read the articles) and am getting an error message. I am trying to search for a userid based on a cookie value. I converted the cookie value to text and have defined the variable as text in Access, have double checked this and am still getting the messge. The value is being stored in Access(with a previous insert) it&#039;s just not finding it. It&#039;s probably a simple thing I&#039;m missing but I&#039;m having a mental block. <BR>The cookie is defined as<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>DIM struserid,intvehicleno,strslash,strdate,strspace,s trcolon<BR>strspace=" "<BR>strslash="/"<BR>strcolon=":"<BR>strdate=now()<BR>struserid=cs tr(strdate)<BR>intvehicleno=1<BR>struserid=REPLACE (struserid,strspace,1,1,-1,1)<BR>struserid=REPLACE(struserid,strslash,1,1,-1,1)<BR>struserid=REPLACE(struserid,strcolon,1,1,-1,1)<BR>Response.cookies("userid").expires= date()+30<BR>Response.cookies("userid")("key1")=st ruserid<BR>Response.cookies("userid")("key2")=vehi cleno<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>The retrieval statement is - <BR>&#060;%<BR>11 set acuraverify = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>12 acuraverify.ActiveConnection = MM_connacurageo_STRING<BR>13 acuraverify.Source = "SELECT user_id FROM tbluserinfo WHERE userid = &#039;" & Request.cookies("Userid") & "&#039;"<BR>14 acuraverify.CursorType = 0<BR>15 acuraverify.CursorLocation = 2<BR>16 acuraverify.LockType = 3<BR>17 acuraverify.Open()<BR>18 acuraverify_numRows = 0<BR>%&#062;<BR>This is the error message-<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80040e10&#039; <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1. <BR>/webpub/TMPeum8il1xd.asp, line 17<BR>

Default RE: Can't get query to operate

The best way to troubleshoot SQL statements is to Response.Write the sql statement out to the screen to see how it is being interpreted. Then it makes it a little easier to play with the quotations and such.<BR><BR>gordon<BR><BR>