server error 500

Thread: server error 500

clarice Guest

Default server error 500

I use visual interdev to organise my projects. Last week when trying to access one of my projects I got a server error. After several hours of trying to solve this I eventually abandoned the project and set up a new project, but this morning I now have that same error on my new project. For fear of having to set up a new project every time this happens I have come here for help! This is the error I get:<BR><BR> The page cannot be displayed <BR>There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. <BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Please try the following:<BR><BR>Open the ntserver home page, and then look for links to the information you want. <BR>Click the Refresh button, or try again later.<BR><BR>Click Search to look for information on the Internet. <BR>You can also see a list of related sites. <BR><BR><BR>HTTP 500 - Internal server error <BR>Internet Explorer <BR><BR>Has anyone any ideas as to what I should look for or what I should change? Has anyone here come across this problem before? Could it be anything to do with sever memory?<BR>Thanks!<BR>C<BR>

Default RE: server error 500

I have got this error quite a no of times infact. The problem i think could not be because of visual interdev, i have got this error relation to some asp bugs in the page which u r viewing.<BR><BR>I debug it in the following way.<BR><BR>when this error comes on,<BR><BR>1.i cut all asp code and run the page, so it will clearly display without error.<BR>2. after this i paste the asp code again and REFRESH(F5 key) on the browser. Now i can see exactly which line the problem is. So i correct it and the page works fine.<BR><BR>so please tell me where and when exactly u get the error. when u browse it?<BR><BR>Ganesh

clarice Guest

Default RE: server error 500

Yes - it&#039;s when I go to browse my default page. I will try what you suggested - maybe there are problems with my code which need to be ironed out. Thanks for the advice.