newbie question

Thread: newbie question

Default newbie question

am a real novice working with asp and access db&#039;s. am trying to print out a table of user values from an access db. table by using a dns-less connection. My only previous experience with this was using a system dsn, and running a loop like :<BR>while (adorecordset.eof=false)<BR>{<BR>and using this to run through a table of values. <BR>the connection i saw off of one of the tutorials on this site uses this code to establish the dns-less connection:<BR><BR>set conn = server.createobject("adodb.connection")<BR>DSNtemp ="DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; "<BR>DSNtemp=dsntemp & "DBQ=" & server.mappath("pricelist.mdb")<BR>conn.Open DSNtemp<BR><BR>am not experienced enough to thouroghly understand what the equivelent script would be. anybody able to enlighten me?<BR><BR>thanks a bunch!<BR><BR>

you know who Guest

Default you mean JScript?

why didn&#039;t you post this in JScript forum, then? That&#039;s what it is for.<BR><BR>Anyway, JScript equivalent:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>var conn = server.createobject("adodb.connection")<BR>var DSNtemp="DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; "<BR>DSNtemp = dsntemp + "DBQ=" + Server.mappath("pricelist.mdb")<BR>conn.Open DSNtemp<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Practically no changes at all.<BR><BR>

Default RE: newbie question

the origional little bit was from java script, but i need to change it over to vbscript. Am curious as to what the equivelent statement would be to allow a loop to be run to gather all the info from an access table,ie is there an equivilent statement i can use insteed of the while (ado.....).<BR>also, any links to tutorials anybody can suggest would be appreciated<BR>thanks again!<BR>beamer