ASP and html

Thread: ASP and html

Sean Guest

Default ASP and html

hey guys,<BR>i have a problem i hope you guys can help me with. I developed floorplans (in html format, imagemaps) for my bosses computer labs and i need to set it up so that when you see the floorplans, (with miniature representations of each computer), you can click on a computer and it would take you to a screen that says something like "lab 6, computer 5" or something like that. in other words, does ASP have a way of doing this successfully? i made an imagemap for the floorplans but don&#039t know if asp can do this. any help is appreciated, please post code!! thanks :) I know i could make links for each computer of each lab but that would be about 60 html pages, i just need something simple that would interpret which computer it is you clicked on and display that on the next page...

Default RE: ASP and html

Pretty simple really. Here is the code.<BR><BR>First, in your image map links, you need to have them all link to one page. The link should look like this:<BR><BR>pagename.asp?lab=6&computer=5<BR><BR> The lab number and computer number will change for each link. In the pagename.asp you will need this:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>lab=request.querystring("l ab")<BR>computer=request.querystring("computer")<B R>%&#062;<BR>&#060;font size=5&#062;Lab &#060;%=lab%&#062;; Computer=&#060;%=computer%&#062;&#060;/font&#062;<BR><BR><BR>If I were you, I would skip the second page all together and go with javascript. Use a function like<BR>function namelc(lab,computer)<BR>{<BR>alert("Lab "+lab+", Computer "+computer)<BR>}<BR><BR>and then, in every image map put onClick="namelc(lab#,comp#)" where lab# and comp# are the numbers of the lab and computer respectively. By the way, don&#039t have the link point to a page and it will stay where it is.<BR><BR>Good luck,<BR>Brandon<BR>