midifx, prefix,suffix

Thread: midifx, prefix,suffix

Felicity Guest

Default midifx, prefix,suffix

I&#039;m trying to learn a little by using some code from a friend. The code below populates a drop down with peoples names from an access db. The problem I am having is that it does it but it displays them in the drop down like this:<BR><BR>Sue&#039;&#062;Smith<BR>Bill&#039;&#0 62;Jones etc.<BR><BR>I think the problem is in the midfix line but I can&#039;t seems to alter the code to put the first and last name together without the &#039;&#062;. Any help would be appreciated.<BR><BR>SQL = "SELECT serverinfo.ID, serverinfo.name, serverinfo.fname <BR>FROM serverinfo"<BR>Set RS = conn.Execute( SQL )<BR>prefix = "&#060;OPTION Value=&#039;"<BR>midfix = "&#039;&#062;"<BR>suffix = "&#060;/OPTION&#062;" & vbNewLine<BR><BR>allCerts = prefix & RS.GetString( , , midfix, suffix & prefix )<BR>allCerts = Left( allCerts, Len(allCerts) - Len(prefix) )

Array Freak Guest

Default RE: midifx, prefix,suffix

What a bizarre way of doing things, either you arent telling us the full story or someone writes the most bizarre code Ive ever seen.

Felicity Guest

Default Anyone else?

What would I be hiding? That makes no sense. Bill Wilkinson wrote that code for a friend of mine and it doesn&#039;t seem that he writes bizarre code.

Default See this article

Array Freak Guest

Default RE: Anyone else?

Hey Im only saying what I see.. your friend&#039;s coding style is very odd.

Felicity Guest

Default RE: Anyone else?

You know what, you&#039;re right