SQL Server

Thread: SQL Server

Martin Guest

Default SQL Server

Hi<BR><BR>I&#039am new to ASP, and i have a small problem. How do i setup a SQL server with PWS and Win95. I have a shop made in ASP that doesn&#039t work. The error message i get is:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Couldn&#039t find any datasource and no standard driver is set.<BR><BR>/IISSamples/Default/shop/enter.asp, line 18<BR><BR>I&#039ve translated the error message as good as i can above, since the message were in swedish.<BR><BR>I&#039ve tried and tried and read the doc how to setup a SQL server but when done i just get errors. No network is available on the computer.<BR><BR>Please reply here or to email lejzer@home.se<BR><BR>Thanks in advance <BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: SQL Server

You have a COM error (huh? COM? just accept for the moment) implying that the database COM component is not installed properly. <BR><BR>First thing to check:-<BR>Did you check your DSN?<BR>Is it on the system DSN page?<BR>Have you created an NT user "USER_XXXX"?<BR>Have you assigned permission to this user for this permission?<BR><BR>If you do not understand any of the above, please see your local administrator or search Microsoft.<BR> <BR>