Bringing Server In-house.... any issues?

Thread: Bringing Server In-house.... any issues?

Chad1 Guest

Default Bringing Server In-house.... any issues?

We just brought our server in house. Is there anything I should be aware of or any lines of code that will have to change?<BR><BR>None of my .ASP programs seem to work anymore...<BR><BR>any ideas?<BR><BR>Thanks all!

Default Define "Bring In House"

...Is this an internet site? If so, is your server accessible over the internet via your network configuration?<BR><BR>You shouldn&#039;t have to change any code...

cahd1 Guest

Default Let me clarify

We had our site hosted by our network consultant with his company. Now, we host it ourselves. The site is up and running but I get errors like:<BR><BR>ADODB.Connection error &#039;800a0e7a&#039; <BR><BR>ADO could not find the specified provider. <BR><BR>/MembersOnly/loginap.asp, line 12 <BR><BR><BR>on code that worked fine before. Is this a permissions thing? Perhaps a drivers issue? Can/should I change my code:<BR><BR>myconnect="PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLE DB.4.0;DATA SOURCE="<BR>myconnect=myconnect & server.mappath(dbname)& ";"<BR><BR>to point to a DSN?<BR><BR>thanks<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: Let me clarify

Do you have Access 2000 installed on your Server?<BR><BR>Try <BR><BR>"DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb)};DBQ="&server.MapPath(databaselocati on)<BR><BR>HTH<BR>Dave<BR>

Default Most likely a permissions problem...

...I&#039;ll assume you&#039;ve got the latest MDAC installed on your server. I&#039;d check to make that the appropriate IUSR_??? account has got the proper permissions for the folder that the database is sitting in.

chad1 Guest

Default Nope...

I have Access &#039;97 installed. If I install Access2K will it automatically add the nessecary drivers for the web site?<BR><BR>Oh, and it&#039;s not taking that line of code you provided :<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript compilation error &#039;800a03ee&#039; <BR><BR>Expected &#039;)&#039; <BR><BR>/MembersOnly/loginap.asp, line 11 <BR><BR>DRIVER=(Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb));DBQ="&server.MapPath(dbase)<BR>------------------^<BR><BR><BR>CMS