Server.CreateObject Failed Error!

Thread: Server.CreateObject Failed Error!

minnie Guest

Default Server.CreateObject Failed Error!

*<BR>I have a page which when submitted should send an email to the user.<BR>I have installed smtp Service and it is running. However when I submit the page I get the following error<BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed<BR>/ascpdc/admin/InitMailutil.asp, line 3 <BR><BR><BR>The InitMailUtil.asp has the following codes.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set Mailer=Server.CreateObject("SMTPsvg.Mailer")<BR>Se t Session("AspMailObject")=Mailer<BR>Session("Remote Host")=""<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>The line 3 points to the line <BR>Set Mailer=Server.CreateObject("SMTPsvg.Mailer")<BR>Th e ip address is my local machine&#039s IP address.<BR>I don&#039t know what&#039s going on. Please somebody HELP!!<BR><BR>thanks!<BR>

Default RE: Server.CreateObject Failed Error!

What SMTP service have you installed? The default SMTP Service that comes with IIS 4 does not, to my knowledge, contain a component named SMTPsvg.Mailer.<BR><BR>When you get a Server.CreateObjectFailed, 99% of the time what has happened is you have an invalid class string (i.e., SMTPsvg.Mailer) Either this is misspelled, or the component is not properly registered on the web server. When Server.CreateObject is called, the registry is scanned for the DLL that corresponds to the class name parameter of the CreateObject method.<BR><BR>Hope this clears things up a bit - the problem is, your component isn&#039t installed, wasn&#039t installed properly, or is misspelled. Happy Programming!