SQL Server guru - help me ! (sql server configurat

Thread: SQL Server guru - help me ! (sql server configurat

Perini14 Guest

Default SQL Server guru - help me ! (sql server configurat

I&#039;m from Croatia, and I need to change the default sql server (v.7) code page to 1250. Dont tell me to reinstall sql, because the instalation does not ask me what code page or language I want to use. Actually, I dont use the full SQL Server, but MSDE (Microsoft data engine), that provides a small sql server engine - but that&#039;s not important, I have all tools and functionality like real SQL server.<BR>By default, the code page is set to ISO-8859-1, and that is for western europe. That information I have readed from table sysconfigures in master database. There is a field for "default sortorder id", and the value is linked to table syscharsets where all charsets are listed. There is also listed the charset for Croatia, that I need, and is described as "Croatian dictionary case-insensitive sort order for use with code page 1250" and his id is 92. His csid is 4, and that means that is linked to id 4 entry where is the "code page 1250". That is all fine, and as if I understud, the only thing that I need to do is change the value "52" in sysconfigures table to "92", and I will have the correct display of my characters in all sql databases.<BR>But, I can&#039;t change the value in sysconfigres table !! When I try to, I get an error saying that I can&#039;t change that value.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve been diging in sql server help, and I&#039;ve found out that I need to execute the sp_configure stored procedure and some "recofigure" command... But I really don&#039;t know how to do all that!!!<BR><BR>So, SQL gurus, please help me to set my code page !!!<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR>

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default ASP site

Umm<BR><BR>I don&#039;t live in croatia but the balance of the gurus here are in Active Server Pages, <BR><BR>www.sqlteam.com for some real SQL gurus.

Perini14 Guest

Default RE: ASP site

Hm... we in Croatia use databases when working in ASP... and SQL server is a database engine. :-)

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default RE: ASP site

Well <BR><BR>"we" where I live drink coffee when programming ASP so I suppose I can ask about how to fix my bean grinder.

Perini Guest

Default Are you happy now???

Ok, you dont need to help me, just drink your coffee and write asp code without sql database behind....<BR>I&#039;ve just posted my question on some other sql server forum.<BR>Are you happy now ???

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default I was

happy before.<BR><BR>I was (in a nice way) trying to tell you that you should consult a pure sql server forum for something so in depth.<BR><BR>you (not in a nice way) try to tell me that because ASP programmers use SQL Server that the question pertains to an ASP forum (as it does to some degree,that is over the top however).<BR><BR>I saw your post in the other forum, I highly reccommend www.sqlteam.com if you remain stuck.

Perini14 Guest

Default RE:I was

Ok, ok... I aplogize to you and others at this forum!<BR><BR>And thank you for sql team link !