Hello All,<BR> I&#039;m new to this list and I guess pretty new to the world of ASP and IIS 4.0 and all things related really, so please bear with me if this is a stupid question....<BR><BR><BR>....I&#039;m trying to obtain the username of the currently logged on user through a page on our Intranet, by using the Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") method. This is fine, apart from when ever a user tries to initially view the ASP page with this piece of code on, they get a prompt asking them for their username, password and domain information. I know this is because I have disabled allow Anonymous Access for this page and Basic Authentication and only have NTLM enabled, so that a value can be obtained for LOGON_USER. Surely though, these users are already authenticated as they have already logged into an NT domain? I did hear once that it was something to do with a certain user or group not being present on the Intranet server, that also belonged to the domain, but I didn&#039;t get a chance to investigate further.<BR><BR><BR>Can anyone shed any light on this for me or point me in the right direction? <BR><BR><BR>Thanks, any help appreciated<BR><BR><BR>Chris Chapman<BR><BR><BR>