server.createobject failed

Thread: server.createobject failed

capnfunky Guest

Default server.createobject failed

Hey folks,<BR><BR>I am having a problem with a dll that I wrote that interacts with the OLE DB provider. I have connected to my database through vbscript using this connection, but when I tried to move the code into a dll I ran into ASP 1077 Invalid Class String.<BR>Any Idea Why?<BR>I did indeed register the dll on the server that isn&#039t the answer.<BR>Is it an incompatability in code?<BR>Or is there configuration issues surrounding the OLE DB provider in the dll itself?<BR><BR>Any help is appreciated.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Capn<BR>

Default RE: server.createobject failed

Hi<BR>Please check u r code for example<BR>Set Conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Co nn.Open "ODBCDSNNAME","USERNAME,"PASSWORD"<BR>It should be like this if it is like this example and still not working then check u r dsn (if u r using) otherwise check whether u have ado object in u r system<BR>

capnfunky Guest

Default RE: server.createobject failed

Thanks for trying to help but I found my problem.<BR>I was incorrectly naming my class module in VB6.<BR>DOAH!<BR><BR>So if ASP Error 0177 ever happens to you.<BR>Check your registry setting, Check the names of your modules and then bash your head into the wall( I did this first).<BR><BR>Capn<BR>