FileSystemObject Problem

Thread: FileSystemObject Problem

Default FileSystemObject Problem

I&#039;m fairly certain this is a server/ntfs permissions problem and not a script problem as it&#039;s happening to scripts that used to work as well as a script that I copied out of an asp book. <BR><BR>Whenever I invoke the "GetFile" method of a File System Object the webpage simply hangs....forever. It never times out, and it never processes the script, it just "goes away". <BR><BR>For example this bit of script: <BR><BR> Dim strPhyscialPath, strPathInfo <BR> strPathInfo = Request.ServerVariables("PATH_INFO") <BR> strPhysicalPath = Server.MapPath(strPathInfo) <BR> <BR> Dim objFSO, objFile, objFileItem, objFolder, objFolderContents <BR> Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") <BR>* Set objFile = objFSO.GetFile(strPhysicalPath) <BR> Set objFolder = objFile.ParentFolder <BR> Set objFolderContents = objFolder.Files <BR><BR>hangs on the line indicated with the asterisk. <BR><BR>Any ideas?

Default RE: FileSystemObject Problem

How about if you use FileExists?<BR><BR>How about if you get the folder first? And then iterate through all the files in the folder?<BR><BR>Do both of those cause the same "hang". If so, then you are surely right about it being a permissions problem of *some* kind.<BR><BR>Ummm...does it happen with all files and folders? Did you try getting, for example, the ASP file that is currently executing? If that doesn&#039;t hang, then at least you know it&#039;s *probably* not a problem in the DLL. Probably.<BR><BR>