Access Connectivity using DSN in ASP

Thread: Access Connectivity using DSN in ASP

JLouden Guest

Default Access Connectivity using DSN in ASP

First, I would prefer not to change from a DSN connection to a DSN less one, it is a low volume site and I am just fixing it, not redoing it. <BR><BR>A couple of days ago, some people converted an Access 97 DB to 2000, the ODBC drivers on the Web Server were out of date, so we updated them, We still got the following error message: <BR><BR>-2147467259[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039;(unknown)&#039;. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. <BR><BR>We changed some permission and messed around a little and it started working, then a day later the database would stop connecting after the first connection was established giving a <BR><BR>-2147467259 Unspecified Error <BR><BR>The database would reconnect if given time, but then you would have to wait again or you would get this error. Has anyone seen this or know how to fix it. I ran into it once, and it kinda fixed itself. <BR><BR>It has gone back and forth from the two errors ever since, we will mess with the NT Security and it will tsrta working only to quit again later.<BR><BR>Thanks

Default RE: Access Connectivity using DSN in ASP

you won&#039;t like this, but basically you should ditch the DSN thing and use OLEDB - OLEDB is the base layer anyway, DSNs are two layers above.<BR><BR>see for more.