Perhaps this is an advanced question...

Thread: Perhaps this is an advanced question...

Steve Adamo Guest

Default Perhaps this is an advanced question...

This is actually in the "general" forum as well,... but went all day without a response - very rare for this place... ;)<BR><BR>At any rate, apologies for the double post, but this seems to be one hell of a stumper....<BR><BR>----------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>My objective: <BR>allow another site to have a link from their intranet that allows secure access to my companies intranet... <BR><BR>i dont want the use to be prompted with the NT security prompt... <BR><BR>i&#039;ve done a preliminary search and the most relevant piece i found was this one: <BR><BR>it looks like the 3rd authentication option (specifically for Windows), the NT Challenge/Response is the best course of action.. <BR><BR>anyone have any practical code examples of how i can get this to work? <BR><BR>when i set the appropriate permissions on the folder, will this prevent other users who access my intranet from being prompted with the usual login prompt? <BR><BR>this is getting a bit confusing, so... <BR><BR>any advice on how i can provide access to my intranet via a link that wont require an id and password would be greatly appreciated.. <BR><BR>i&#039;ll keep searching.... :)

Default RE: Perhaps this is an advanced question...

I can not give you any practical code examples, but I do not think it will work unless the domains trust each other. Setting up trusts between domains is not something I am schooled on, but there should be plenty of information on msdn, microsoft at large, and the net in general.