Thread: excel.application

Default excel.application

In my ASP Page I have a code something like this:<BR><BR>Set excelApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")<BR>Set excelWorkBook = excelApp.Workbooks.Open("C:InetpubwwwrootcsrDataCS RNortel.xls")<BR>Set excelWorkSheet = excelWorkBook.Sheets("sunday_pcu_csr")<BR><BR>Set rang = excelWorkSheet.Cells(1,1)<BR>Response.Write(rang)< BR><BR>&#039; Release all the Objects of Excel<BR>Set excelWorkSheet = Nothing<BR><BR>excelWorkBook.Close (True)<BR>Set excelWorkBook = Nothing<BR>Set excelApp = Nothing<BR><BR>With this code I display the contents of some Excel Sheet. The problem here is that If I execute this code from my Personal Web Server it works fine but if I execute the same code from the main server then it gives the following error. <BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039;800a01ad&#039; <BR><BR>ActiveX component can&#039;t create object: &#039;Excel.Application&#039; <BR><BR>/csr/import.asp, line 31 <BR><BR>I know the reason for this also. This is because Excel is not installed on the server. <BR><BR>Can anybody tell me how to make this program work because installation of any new applications on the server is not allowed.<BR><BR>Thanks a lot.

Default you're stuffed....

....if you can&#039;t install anything on the server you can&#039;t use Excel with this method.<BR><BR>Excel DOES have an ODBC driver, however, so you can query it like you would Access. (have a look in your ODBC applet in control panel)<BR><BR>j