&nbsp;<BR>Myrecordset originates in ADODB is modified in XML format (after persisting "saving" to XML.) This is saved to file. I wish to use the modified XML file to create a new recordset & feed a NEW database. THE ADOX Catalog Object created the new database perfectly. The modified recordset can be brought into memory easily from the contents of a textbox. But There is no open method of a ADOX Catalog to allow load of a stream-ed database from XML.<BR><BR>How do I do this??<BR> Visual Studio Mag claims in the new 101tech tips pg 18 that I can stream but to save I need to recoonnect & update batch. I could do this if I could FILL the catalog object in sme way even if from the contents of the text box.<BR><BR><BR>Public Function RSfrmXML(sXML As String) As Recordset<BR><BR>Dim ostream As New ADODB.Stream<BR>&#039;Dim NewRS As New ADODB.Recordset<BR>Dim sPro As String<BR>sPro = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51"<BR> <BR> Dim conn As ADODB.Connection<BR> Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset<BR> Dim cmd As New ADODB.Command<BR> Dim strDatabase As String<BR> Dim strTable As String<BR> Dim NewRS As ADOX.Catalog<BR><BR><BR>&#039; snew as new database name & Path Sfile as Saved persisted XML data corrected in Form<BR><BR> conn.CursorLocation = adUseClient<BR> conn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;Data Source=" & sNew<BR> <BR> conn.Open<BR><BR>Set rs = frmADOxml.dc1.Recordset<BR>rs.Save ostream &#039; works in ADODB<BR><BR>Set NewRS.ActiveConnection = conn &#039; if this were an ADODB I could do the following<BR><BR>NewRS.Open ostream<BR>NewRS.UpdateBatch<BR>End Function <BR><BR>excuse garbage code !! please