Configuration issue???

Thread: Configuration issue???

Michael Knox Guest

Default Configuration issue???

This is our first attempt at a .net application. The .aspx page displays fine, but when we add the references for a .ascx page, the code for the .ascx page is displayed, rather than the generated HTML. I have reinstalled teh server piece from the .net cd.<BR><BR>Is this a configuration issue with the IIS server.<BR><BR>We are using the beta 2 version of .net<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR><BR>Michael Knox

Default RE: Configuration issue???

it&#039;s hard to say, we&#039;d have to see the code, but try to make sure that you&#039;re doing it something like this<BR>----ascx page----<BR>&#060;script language="vb" runat="server"&#062; <BR>Public name as string<BR><BR>Sub Page_Load(Src As Object, E As EventArgs) <BR> showit.text = "my name is " & name<BR>End Sub <BR>&#060;/script&#062; <BR>&#060;ASP:label id="showit" runat="server" /&#062;<BR>---------------------<BR><BR>---aspx page---------<BR>&#060;%@ register tagprefix="my" tagname="tag" src="mycontrol.ascx" %&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;my:tag name="ed" runat="server" /&#062;<BR>---------------------<BR><BR>the output would be:<BR><BR>my name is ed<BR><BR>hope that helped<BR>Joel Martinez