Microsoft OLE DB Error

Thread: Microsoft OLE DB Error

Default Microsoft OLE DB Error

Hello,<BR><BR>When attempting to view a Web page that contains a connection to an Access data source on the Client machine, the following error is displayed: <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] &#039;(unknown)&#039; isn&#039;t a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. <BR><BR>I have a Virtual Directory created on the Server and the content for this comes from the Client machine that is on the network.I have the necessary dll to run the application registered on the server.I have the .mdb file on the client machine and there is no Access installed on the Server.<BR><BR>Now my issue is:<BR>Do I have to install Access on the server.<BR>I am using System DSN to connect to the database.<BR><BR>Any help on this is highly appreciated at the earliest.I am running short of time!!.<BR><BR>Have A Great Day!<BR><BR>Jyothi

Default RE: Microsoft OLE DB Error

no, you don&#039;t need access on the server<BR><BR>put the access DB onto the ACTUAL server, not a network server. THINK.<BR><BR>j<BR>