Want your help-Lars

Thread: Want your help-Lars

Default Want your help-Lars

Guys,<BR>Sorry guys same question I, had asked yesterday, I could not read your reply!!!<BR>So I had asked how do I deal with below mentioned problem:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>General error: Invalid file dsn &#039;new.dsn&#039; <BR><BR>/vishalworld/login.asp, line 18 <BR> what does this mean, this work fine with my Personal IIS-5. What should I do to solve the problem.<BR>Regards,<BR>Awaiting,<BR>Vishal<BR>

Default Find out why it is invalid...

Is it invalid because ADO can&#039;t *find* the file?<BR><BR>An easy waht to determine that is to rename the file, try again, and see if you get the same error. If you do, then ADO isn&#039;t finding the file, to begin with. If you get a different error, then ADO is finding the file but something is wrong with the contents of the file.<BR><BR>One step at a time.<BR><BR>Any reason you are using a file dsn instead of either a true DSN or a simple DSN-less connection? File dsn&#039;s are probably the toughest of the three to get right.<BR><BR>