Appending a query string to a URL

Thread: Appending a query string to a URL

Default Appending a query string to a URL

I can&#039;t figure out how a querystring is appended to a URL by clicking a text link. I see this in every data driven site where I click a text link and something like .../something.asp?ID=345?NextPage=345 shows up. I understand what the querystring means, but what I really don&#039;t understand is what is in the database (whether it be an HTML document, text, or a file path) and how to retrieve that data in code. I have not found anything on this and feel like basic coding is in play and I am overlooking them.<BR><BR>Lonnie

Default RE: Appending a query string to a URL

Hi!<BR><BR>There&#039;s many ways to append querystrings to the ends of URLs. Some are used in various situations i.e. looping through records, filtering etc. All you need to do is something like this:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim gQuery<BR>gQuery = "?ID=25"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;a href="test.asp&#060;%=gQuery%&#062;"&#062;click here&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR>&#060;/html&#062;<BR><BR>Admittedly, that&#039;s a crude example, but it does demonstrate the point of how to append to your querystring.<BR><BR>Good luck!<BR><BR>hellz.