syntax question

Thread: syntax question

the other steve Guest

Default syntax question

OK<BR><BR>When I use my stored procedure via:<BR><BR>query = "sp_test1 @ok=false"<BR>set rs=conn.execute(query)<BR><BR>I get this:<BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Error converting data type nvarchar to bit. <BR><BR>So how do I write to a bit field in SQL? ok is bit type field in the SQL database.<BR><BR>And, so I stop bothering the board, is there a list of ADO/SQL syntax in a FAQ somewhere?

Los Angeles, CA

Default I guess

your datatype is BIT<BR><BR><BR>that can only be a 0 or a 1 or Null and NOTHING else<BR><BR>you have to convert the false or true to a 0 or a 1 and THEN call the sp.<BR><BR>

the other steve Guest

Default dammit it worked

It worked, but I thought I had already tried that!<BR><BR>query = "sp_test1 @ok=0"<BR>set rs=conn.execute(query)

Default TSQL syntax...

You know, ADO has *NOTHING* to do with SQL syntax. <BR><BR>*YOU* create a string that is hopefully valid SQL and all ADO does is pass it along, unaltered, to what ever database you happen to be connected to. ADO has ZERO idea that the different databases have different SQL syntax requirements, for example.<BR><BR>So the only place to look a SQL Server guide, of course.<BR><BR>So, perhaps: <BR><BR><BR>