CDONTS questions

Thread: CDONTS questions

Default CDONTS questions

please could some one point me in the right direction for setting up my 2k server to support cdo nt , any tutorials or advice would be great.<BR>thanks in advance<BR>

Default it's included with the SMTP service

which is a component of IIS. if you have that, you have CDONTS<BR><BR>j

Default RE: CDONTS questions

I&#039;ve just had to do this recently on Win2000...<BR><BR>You&#039;ll need to register the CDONTS.dll as follows;<BR><BR>Start, run, then type regsvr32 c:winntsystem32cdonts.dll and click OK. It should confirm it&#039;s been registered.<BR><BR>Then you need to check in the IIS setup... Start, settings, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Internet Services Manager. Under the Internet Information Services heading in the left window you should have the name of the computer and if you click on the plus to the left of the computer name to expand the tree you should find the Default SMTP Virtual Server. Right click on this heading and select Properties, then the Delivery tab and click the Advanced button. You need to be certain that the Fully-qualified domain name and Smart host boxes have the name of the computer entered (or the IP address of the computer).<BR><BR>That&#039;s all I did! Hope it helps