Job Titles

Thread: Job Titles

WebDevGod Guest

Default Job Titles

The company I am with is struggling to stay in business and the future doesn&#039;t look good. I have quite a bit of time invested into this place, so, I want to stay until the end.<BR><BR>The problem is that we went from 15 developers (Senior, Mid and a junior person) down to 6 of us. Before the layoffs myself and another guy were the 2 "Senior Web Developers", the others were all just "Web Developers". Once the layoffs happened, they also instituted a salary freeze. When the yearly reviews came around, instead of giving raises, they gave "title"-promotions. We are all Senior Web Developers.<BR><BR>My frustration is that, other than the way our group works, in management eyes - I&#039;ve been lost in the crowd. I worry that when the end comes, my time and personal dedication will get lost behind the title.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve talked to my boss about a title change, something to differenciate myself and position. I lead most projects around here; I work on most of the more difficult tasks; and I, along with our Director of Product Development do research for new technologies to use and the such. Any suggestions for titles that would be fitting?

Los Angeles, CA

Default How about

Project Manager<BR>or<BR>Senior Project Manager<BR>Or<BR>Very Senior Web Developer

Default or Twice Super Very Senior Web Developer

Default RE: Job Titles

How about Senior Web Developer at another company where the title means something.<BR><BR>If you feel that "my time and personal dedication will get lost", it is time to move on.<BR><BR>I seem to have aquired the label "Technical Lead", but that doesn&#039;t change the fact that I am a senior web developer<BR><BR>-A