Drop down list box

Thread: Drop down list box

Default Drop down list box

I am a new ASP user, I have a list box to show all customers name (around 200 records), when user pick one then a new windows will open and show that customer&#039;s details. How can I do that any expert can help and any suggestion where I can find the solution.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance

Wasabi Guest

Default what to do...

javascript will open the page which will retrieve the customer information based on a customer id that is passed to it. <BR>i.e.<BR>function openInfo(CustomerID){<BR>window.open("info.asp?Cus tomerID=" + CustomerID, blahblah)<BR>}<BR><BR>asp will print links with all of the Respective Customer IDs ...<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> Do Until objCustomersRS.EOF<BR> Response.write("&#060;a href=&#039;javascript:openInfo(" & objCustomersRS("CustomerID") & "&#039;&#062;Get Info&#060;/a&#062;")<BR> objCustomersRS.MoveNext<BR> Loop<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>I hope you have some idea of how to work with this.<BR><BR>Wasabi<BR><BR>

prakash Guest

Default Onchange Event

Capture the onchange event and send the value to the desired result page....<BR>for example for an dropdown called doctype<BR>use this section on Head<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript"&#062;<BR>&#060;!--<BR><BR>function _ondoctype() {<BR> var sel = document.form1.doctype[document.form1.doctype.selectedIndex].value;<BR> parent.mainbottom.document.location.href="mainbott om.asp?doctype=" + sel;<BR>}<BR> <BR>//--&#062;<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>put this for the dropdown <BR>&#060;select name="doctype" onchange="_ondoctype()"&#062;<BR><BR>I hope this helps

Default RE: Thanks Wasabi

Wasabi Guest

Default WasAAAAAAAAAbi