Connecting to DB Error

Thread: Connecting to DB Error

Default Connecting to DB Error

When trying to display an ASP page using Netscape I<BR>get the following error message<BR> Provider<BR>error &#039 80004005&#039<BR> Unspecified error<BR> main.asp, line 22<BR><BR>line 22 in the main.asp code looks like<BR> conn.Open "DBQ=" & Server.Mappath("../prts.mdb") & ";Driver={Microsoft ...<BR><BR>If I close Netscape and reopen the error goes away and<BR>I can display my ASP page.<BR><BR>Why is this happening? Any Suggestions?<BR>

Cindy Guest

Default RE: Connecting to DB Error

We have the same error message. So far, I have been given two possible fixes. One is to upgrade to SQL Server 7.0. The problem might be due to heavy volume. Another possible fix that I have just been informed of but have no idea if it works yet is: <BR> "1) The error mentioned "Unspecified error" occurs when you try to open an ODBC connection to a database thru ASP script and at the same time open the database thru MS Access 97 & perform some operation on it. This probably is<BR>due to discrepancy occuring in the database thru the 2 modes of access.<BR> 2) The "work around" that we realized for this error was to change the database name in the lines:<BR><BR>Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Conn.Op en "vipdb"<BR><BR> to something inconsequential. For ex. you could change the name to all capital letters(like VIPDB) & it wouldn&#039t affect the operation (as the ASP script is case insensitive). But doing this helps in eliminating this error." Please let me know what works.<BR>