ASP and Interdev

Thread: ASP and Interdev

Kelso Sharp Guest

Default ASP and Interdev

Hi, I am having a problem using interdev and ASP everytime I attempt to run an ASP page in my browser it loads it up in interdev, Is there something I am missing? I am using PWS with Win98, and interdev 6.0 I really need the help on this one folks!<BR><BR>Sincerely<BR>Kelso Sharp

Default RE: ASP and Interdev

I assume that you are trying to double click the file open. What you need to do is make sure that you access your page through your PWS, which means the address for the page has to start with HTTP:// This means that your page has to be either in the wwwroot folder or in a virtual folder. Also, make sure that you have the ASP component installed on your PWS. <BR><BR>Good luck<BR>Brandon

Kelso Sharp Guest

No actually I am trying to open it in the browser, and I have tried viewing in browser option in Interdev as well, the browser opens interdev, and interdev does nothing

First thing you should do is make sure that your ASP page is in a VIRTUAL FOLDER. if it&#039s not then your computer will either try to download it or open it in an application.<BR>to make a virtual folder on an IIS machine i think you go to MMC