it's me again.......this isn't working =

Thread: it's me again.......this isn't working =

storm Guest

Default it's me again.......this isn't working =

Alrighty, let me explain this again, so someone reading will know what I'm talking about. First, I'm using an Access 97 database using a dsn off of the server where I'm hosted. What I'm trying to do is set up a news page. What I want to happen is when my newspage is loaded, I want it to load the current news from the database. I've got everything working fine, but one thing. The actual news. What I have done is used a memo type field called "Content" to store the actual information that is to show up as the news. The probem is when I test it, it doesn't show up. I went through the Access help files, and it says that the server will not leave spaces in and cannot store them. Is that right? Also, I want to be able to include hyperlinks inside the content in various places, but for some reason, this isn't working either. Any ideas?

Default SHOW CODE

We may be psychotic here, but we aren&#039;t psychic.<BR><BR>What happened when you looked at the data in Access, itself?<BR><BR>What did you see?<BR><BR>

Default RE: it's me again.......this isn't worki

Without the code it could be many reasons...and Access help files won&#039;t help becuase it is in your ASP code using vbscript or jscript where the pulling of the Content field will be relavant. <BR>As far as having it display hyperlinks you need to store the data in the field in html code then when it writes it to the page it will write it as a valid link, such as... &#060;a href="../index.html"&#062;Main Page&#060;/a&#062;<BR>Jose