DSN-less connection to Access w/ security

Thread: DSN-less connection to Access w/ security

WavyB Guest

Default DSN-less connection to Access w/ security

I&#039;m trying to establish a DSN-less connection to an Access database that I&#039;ve set up with an account and password in Workgroup Administrator:<BR><BR>Dim strOpen, objConn<BR><BR>strOpen = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};UID=USER;PWD=PASSWORD;DBQ=C:Inetpubwwwroo tdatabase.mdb"<BR><BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .ConnectionString = strOpen<BR>objConn.open<BR><BR><BR>I get a Jet error when I try to establish this connection. Now, this code (without the "UID=;PWD=;" portion) works to establish a connection on a database I haven&#039;t password protected- but its not working on the verison of the database that I established the password for.<BR><BR>"Unable to open registry key &#039;Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x630 Thread 0x6e4 DBC 0x20dcfac Jet&#039;."<BR><BR>Help!!!<BR><BR>Thanks.

Default connection string examples

Examples of connection strings:<BR><BR>http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm

WavyB Guest

Default RE: connection string examples

Thanks Moshe, that&#039;s a great resource.<BR><BR>Unfortunately, I&#039;ve still got a mystery. I got the connection to work on a production server, just not on my test server. I just upgraded MDAC, but there&#039;s got to be something else mucking things up.