Microsoft XML Parser 3.0 can't load xml docum

Thread: Microsoft XML Parser 3.0 can't load xml docum

Lee Powers Guest

Default Microsoft XML Parser 3.0 can't load xml docum

Yeah, it sounds a little wierd, but I have a simple xml document on my website at Now, I can load this document with Internet Explorer 5, so I know the document is there and that it&#039;s valid.<BR><BR>But, I have also constructed a simple ASP page to load this document, but it gives me the following error:<BR><BR> "No data is available for the requested resource."<BR><BR>Which, unfortunately is a cryptic and less than descriptive answer. What the hell does "No data is available" mean?? The **** XML document is sitting in my web browser even as I&#039;m writing this.<BR><BR>This ASP page runs just fine on my computer using PWS. My webhosting company assures me that the MSXML 3.0 Parser is installed and working correctly. Is this a server configuration problem? Or does my code need a little tweaking?<BR><BR>Here&#039;s the ASP page, written in Javascript, that attempts to load the XML document (it&#039;s really simple):<BR><BR>&#060;script language="javascript" runat="server"&#062;<BR>var xml = Server.CreateObject(&#039;msxml.domdocument&#039;) ;<BR>xml.async = false;<BR>xml.load(&#039;;);<BR>if (xml.parseError.errorCode != 0) {<BR> Response.Write(&#039;An error occured: &#039; + xml.parseError.reason);<BR>} else {<BR> Response.Write(xml.documentElement.xml);<BR>}<BR>& #060;/script&#062;<BR>

Lee Powers Guest

Default RE: Microsoft XML Parser 3.0 can't load xml d

Ahh, I found the answer to my problem on the microsoft.public.xml usenet group. All I needed was to set a property of the MSXML 3.0 Parser:<BR><BR> xml.setProperty("ServerHTTPRequest", true);<BR><BR>An now the ASP page works perfectly!