ASP Upload and letting the client choose where to

Thread: ASP Upload and letting the client choose where to

Default ASP Upload and letting the client choose where to

Hi,<BR><BR>I am trying to use ASP upload to allow a site administrator to upload new images to web site via an admin web site. However I have no idea how you can allow the administrator to be able to browse the diretcories on the web server via the same upload form, select a diretcory and then via ASP Uploadm, upload their chosen file to it.<BR><BR>I can get the file to upload to a temporary diretcory on the server via ASP upload. BUt am not sure how I would enable the administrator to browse web server directories via the same upload form select it and then ASP upload moves it to that directory.<BR><BR>hope someone can help. I am sure this is a common question!<BR><BR>cheers<BR><BR>Mark :)

Default RE: ASP Upload and letting the client choose where

Mark.<BR><BR>It&#039;s not that common-a question actually...<BR><BR>You could do it by using the FileSystemObject to create a listing of all directories inside the site structure. You could then display these nicely for the end user, with a radio-button by the side of them to allow the user to select a directory.<BR><BR>Load this in when the form is submitted and Bob&#039;s-your-male-relative.<BR><BR>You will need some code to prevent or at least warn before files are overwritten etc, but the main bones of the code can be done as above.<BR><BR>Seem like a good idea?<BR><BR>Craig.