Anyone using ASP with Sybase?

Thread: Anyone using ASP with Sybase?

kpw Guest

Default Anyone using ASP with Sybase?

I&#039;ve been asked to grab some data from a Sybase table. Trouble is, I&#039;ve never done this before! The first thing I did was to install MDAC 2.5 on my server, as I was told this had an ODBC driver for Sybase. Then I tried using the following connection string to grab some data:<BR><BR>"provider=MSDASQL;driver={Sybase System 11};srvr=nomad;db=melvin;uid=scmelvin;pwd=melvin"< BR><BR>When I ran the code, I got an error message. All I can remember is that it mentioned Sybase System error 126. So then I thought I would try to create a DSN, but when I tried to create the DSN I got a message box with the same error as what I was getting in my ASP page.<BR><BR>I talked to some people around the office who work with Sybase frequently and they told me I needed to install Sybase on the server. So I had Sybase installed on the server. Then I tried to create a DSN, but this time the message box mentioned Sybase System error 127. Finally, I ran my ASP code and this is the error message I am now getting:<BR><BR>------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 127 (Sybase System 11). <BR><BR>/melvin/index.asp, line 75<BR>-------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>(Line 75 is where I try opening the recordset using the aforementioned connection string.)<BR><BR>Has anybody run across this before? More importantly, were you able to fix it? If so, I&#039;d appreciate your help in resolving this!<BR><BR>Thanks!

Default Did you try there

support site, I believe they have a list of news groups on ther also.

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default people still use sybase?

this may/may not help<BR><BR>

kpw Guest

Default No dice, but thanks

to you and to Krank -- you have at least given me some places to start.