onclick events and Netscape

Thread: onclick events and Netscape

Rhino Guest

Default onclick events and Netscape

Sorry that this is not an ASP question, but this seems to be the only forum with any life in it.<BR><BR>My problem is that I have an existing InTRAnet application which I need to put on the InTERnet. The app uses images for buttons (as internally only IE 5 is used) with an onclick event.<BR><BR>Now Netscape does not seem to recognise this event. If at all possible, I would like to find a way to fool NS into working as the app is fairly large and there are hundreds of buttons that would need converting.<BR><BR>Does anyone have any ideas? I thought that an image map might work, but it seems that that does not recognise the onclick event either.<BR><BR>Any help/suggestions gratefully received, even if they are bad news.

Default RE: onclick events and Netscape

Netscape Sucks!! This event will work within Netscape, if you place it inside a bluff form, &#060;form NAME="bluff" method="POST" action="xxx.asp"&#062;

Rhino Guest

Default The trouble is ...

The forms have many buttons on them, which need to call client-side validation routines before submitting the form.<BR><BR>It is looking as if I will have to replace all the "image" buttons with plain old Html ones (at least for Netscape users). <BR><BR>What a pain :(

Default don't validate onclick

use oncsubmit<BR><BR>you&#039;ll find a tutorial at http://www.infinitemonkeys.ws/ on the subject