adding new record to SQL

Thread: adding new record to SQL

Default adding new record to SQL

say i have these codes in my asp pages:<BR><BR>set custRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> custRS.Open "customer",conn,adOpenStatic,adLockPessimistic <BR> custRS.AddNew<BR> custRS.Fields("FC_FName") = Request("FC_FName")<BR> custRS.Fields("SC_FName") = Request("SC_FName")<BR> custRS.update<BR> custRS.moveLast<BR> customer = custRS("custID")<BR><BR>Field "custID" is self populate when a new record is added in. Now, I should able to assign variable "customer" with the customer ID, right? In fact, I was able to get that ID in my Development sqlServer. But when I move the code to a production srever going agains a production SQLserver, I can&#039;s get the value of customer from custRS("custID"). The 2 SQL server havw the same db structure. Is there any reason why one sql server gives out the custID but not the other running from one set of code?? The record including the self populate field did get to generate but it just not returning to the asp code.. why?<BR><BR><BR>

Default there's a better way

see the article &#039;save yourself SQL hassles&#039; in the ASP section at<BR><BR><BR>j