Having trouble with recordset

Thread: Having trouble with recordset

charles Guest

Default Having trouble with recordset

I am having some trouble with my recordset code. Can someone please help me?<BR><BR>My code:<BR><BR>&#060;%@ LANGUAGE=VBSCRIPT%&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim cnDB<BR>Dim rsQuery<BR>set cnDB = server.createobject("adodb.connection")<BR>cnDB.Co nnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data <BR><BR>Source=C:InetpubwwwrootNWIND.MDB"<BR>cnDB. Open<BR>set rsQuery = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rsQuery. Open "SELECT * FROM Shippers",cnDB<BR>rsQuery.AddNew<BR>rsQuery("Compa nyName")="&#060;text&#062;"<BR>rsQuery("Phone")="& #060;text&#062;" <BR>rsQuery.Update<BR>rsQuery.Close<BR>cnDB.Close< BR>%&#062;<BR><BR><BR><BR>My error message received:<BR><BR><BR>HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error<BR>Internet Information Services<BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Technical Information (for support personnel)<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0CB3)<BR>Current Recordset does not support updating. This may be a limitation of the provider, or of the selected locktype.<BR>/nwind.asp, line 10<BR><BR>Browser Type:<BR>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0b; Windows NT 5.0) <BR><BR>Page:<BR>GET /nwind.asp <BR><BR><BR><BR>

Los Angeles, CA

Default RE: Having trouble with recordset

Find out what type of cursors suport the addnew method and what type will be default and if it suports it. You should have your answer then

charles Guest

Default thanks

I&#039;ll check that out.