IIS/Access 2000 ODBC question

Thread: IIS/Access 2000 ODBC question

Default IIS/Access 2000 ODBC question

Hi all;<BR><BR>I am not really sure if this is an IIS or Access ODBC connection. However, since the problem started with an upgrade to 2000 IIS 5, I am going to ask here.<BR><BR>We are currently running our web server on WinNT 4.0 SP6 with IIS 4. We have set up an ODBC connection to an Access 2000 database, using the Security tab to enter the password used by the databse. We have purchased a new server with Win2000, IIS 5 and have copied the contents of our web page to the new server and created the necessary DSN connections.<BR><BR>During our testing of a web application, the only thing that did not work on the Win2000 box was the ODBC connection to an Access 2000 table. We get the following error:<BR><BR>HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error<BR>Internet Information Services<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Not a valid password.<BR><BR>We get the error above when we try to access the page through a browser. However, in the ODBC setup, I can repair the database, which would seem to me to indicate the password is correct.<BR><BR>Has something changed in IIS 5 that is giving me this problem? If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!<BR><BR>Thanks!

Default ditch ODBC and use OLEDB instead