DSN-Less Connection to access with .mdw

Thread: DSN-Less Connection to access with .mdw

Morgan McGary Guest

Default DSN-Less Connection to access with .mdw

Can someone give me an example of the code to connect DSN-Less to an Access database that uses and .mdw security file? I'm having trouble figuring out how to tell the connection where the .mdw is and what userid and password to use.

woot! Guest

Default RE: DSN-Less Connection to access with .mdw

Here is a MS KB article on it:<BR>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q191/7/54.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0&qry=Open%20a%20secured%20access%20da tabase&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=MSALL<BR>< BR>and here is the Conn string that I use.<BR><BR>Set MyConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>MyConn. Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"<BR>MyConn.Properties("Da ta Source") = "d:webpages/wshome/access/reservations/Reservations08.mde"<BR>MyConn.Properties("Jet OLEDB:System database") = "d:webpages/wshome/access/reservations/Reservation_Users.mdw"<BR>MyConn.Open<BR><BR>Not to sure on the usr pwd thing. I just don&#039;t use any and it works great. However this is just to get the default "Admin" user privilages. If you are using this for a web only DB then there are many other better way to protect it. Hope this helps.