Permission problem with FileCopy

Thread: Permission problem with FileCopy

Vincent from New York Guest

Default Permission problem with FileCopy

&nbsp;<BR>Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039m getting a problem trying to write some code to upload a file to the server.<BR>Here is the code:<BR><BR>...<BR>Set fso = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemOpbject") <BR>fso.FileCopy "c:document.doc", "c:inetpubwwwrootpfmisdocuments"<BR>Set fso = Nothing<BR>...<BR><BR>I get the following message:<BR><BR>Runtime Error<BR>Permission Denied.<BR><BR><BR>Any idea???<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR>

jason miller Guest

Default RE: Permission problem with FileCopy

Your contextual user (iuser_machineName, unless otherwise specified) is lacking necessary permissions on one of the files/directories involved in the copy. Hence, the script being "run" by said user is having permissions related errors.<BR><BR>-&#062; To specify a more useful contextual user: Force them into a basic authentication dialogue. At least that&#039s what works for me.<BR>-&#062; Alternately: Get Software Artisans&#039 File Manager. On your server, create a local user with full SysAdmin permissions (let&#039s call it Patsy). Any time you need serious server-side work done, just use SA FileMgr to logon Patsy (thus switching the script context to Patsy) then log Patsy off after the tricky bits are done.