Database Problems. . .

Thread: Database Problems. . .

Jon Guest

Default Database Problems. . .

I&#039;m creating a page similar to the example on, follow this address to see what I&#039;m trying to do. <BR>________<BR><BR><BR><BR>The error message I am recieving is this:<BR>________<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not delete from specified tables. <BR><BR>/mailroom/edit.asp, line 73 <BR><BR><BR>I checked the line mentioned above, # 73, and followed everything linked with this line of script and found nothing wrong. Maybe I&#039;m overlooking something? <BR>Here&#039;s the code related with line 73 of my code:<BR>________<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Case "delete"<BR> iRecordID = Request.QueryString("id")<BR> If IsNumeric(iRecordID) Then<BR> iRecordID = CLng(iRecordID)<BR> Else<BR> iRecordID = 0<BR> End If<BR><BR> strSQL = "DELETE FROM ContactInformation WHERE id=" & iRecordID & ";"<BR> <BR> Set MailDBEdit = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> MailDBEdit.Open "Mailroom"<BR><BR> MailDBEdit.Execute strSQL, adAffectAll, adExecuteNoRecord<BR><BR> MailDBEdit.Close<BR> Set MailDBEdit = Nothing<BR><BR> Response.Write("Record id " & iRecordID & " deleted!")<BR> Response.Write(Back_to_List)<BR> %&#062;<BR><BR><BR>Can anyone shed some light on my problem?

Default RE: Database Problems. . .

if you are enforcing referential integrity on this table with another table, you will get this error. Check to see if this may be the case

Jon Guest

Default I just double checked. . .

. . . and that isn&#039;t the case. I&#039;m using Access and to my knowledge, I coded accordingly, and in my Access DB I have but one table. <BR><BR>I&#039;m still at a bit of a loss. . . <BR>

Hehehehehe.. . .... . Guest

Default RE: I just double checked. . .

I just read a post up above from &#039;James&#039; titled &#039;Permission&#039; and it made me think. I hadn&#039;t changed the permissions on the server to allow read&write to my DB. <BR><BR>Always seems to be the simplist things that you miss. . . <BR>Thanks guys.