Advanced Text Formatting

Thread: Advanced Text Formatting

Patrick O'Brien Guest

Default Advanced Text Formatting

Hi,<BR> I have looked through this site and the messageboard, so i don&#039;t think this has been answered. I know how to display line breaks and spacing with text entered into a form. My problem is that if some one enters the text:<BR> The fox runs over the hill. (pretend there are 10 spaces here) The girl runs up the hill with a pail of water.<BR><BR>then if the spacing between hill and girl hits the edge of the table column the text will not wrap to the next line in the column and just keeps gong off the edge of the screen. I think it is because I am replacing spaces with nsbp; and that is causing the column to not wrap. Does anyone know how to fix this and is it possible to recognize spacing produced from using the tab key? Here is a link so you can see what I mean (Note that I am viewing at 800x600):<BR><BR>I&#039;m really perplexed and just want to allow the user to put in line breaks and spacing without problems.

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default RE: Advanced Text Formatting

Are you using a text area.<BR><BR>What i do is replace(textarea,vbCrlf,"<BR>")<BR><BR>for html formatting. one of the wrap styles of the text area element should help with the line break portion.<BR><BR>else if you force a table width of some exact number it should wrap anyways. <BR>