Having trouble understanding input.

Thread: Having trouble understanding input.

At0mic_PC Guest

Default Having trouble understanding input.

I have a database created. I&#039;m having trouble understanding how to get my information in it. I want to make a static form and put in several different users. On this one anyone can put in information that visits the site. So I guess each user will be a row in the table, and the form fields will be columns in the database. Users should also have a password so no one can change thier details. Start out small though with like a few attribs. Also shouldn&#039;t the first column be an auto incrementing number?<BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: Having trouble understanding input.

I am assuming that you want to Add, Update, Delete records from your database with ASP?<BR> <BR>Do you have any forms created?<BR><BR>If so how can I look at them?<BR><BR>

Default www.LearnASP.com has examples...

...in the "Database Lessons" section of the site, there is a "Full Cycle" Add/Edit/Delete/Update set of pages that show you how to manipulate a DB via HTML/ASP pages, very very similar to what you are asking about.<BR><BR>Start there, perhaps, and if you have questions ask them here?<BR><BR>

At0mic_PC Guest

Default RE: www.LearnASP.com has examples...

Thanks! The project I _want_ to do is rather large. Putting thousands of users in a database with different levels of access to use on the website. Some users might be able to post news while others can write articles about games, and still others will be able to upload files. And I&#039;m hoping that I can make it all dynamic with directories being created by people wishing to expand the game coverage to new titles and all. Whew now I got to figure out how to do what I want to do. :) Good news? No deadline!