accessing SQL-DB remotely

Thread: accessing SQL-DB remotely

Default accessing SQL-DB remotely

hi,<BR>i am having troubles trying to get access to my SQL-DB remotely from another server. somebody please help.<BR><BR>this is the syntax i used to access my DB from the same server:<BR><BR>ProvName = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Data Source=SQL02;Database=MyDBase;User ID=Philipe;Password=mypass"<BR><BR>but now as i try to access it from my other website, i change syntax to this:<BR><BR>ProvName = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Data Source=;Database=MyDBase;User ID=Philipe;Password=mypass"<BR><BR>and it does not work. instead it gives me this error:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR>[DBNMPNTW]Specified SQL server not found. <BR>/see.asp, line 5 <BR><BR>line 5 is this line: ProvName<BR>and it goes right after the line i mentioned before.<BR><BR>somebody please help, this is really urgent. there must be a way to access SQL DB remotely.<BR><BR>thanks in advance.<BR>

Default RE: accessing SQL-DB remotely

try using a DSN - you can configure them to use TCP/IP named pipes or whatever...<BR><BR>(very rare i recommend using a DSN, yes folks, you&#039;ve seen it here first)<BR><BR>j