Insert trouble with access

Thread: Insert trouble with access

Tim Burks Guest

Default Insert trouble with access

I developed a form that submits to a table in access 2000,<BR>the code executes and works great under PWS but as soon as i put it on iis4.0 i get the error below:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object is read-only.<BR><BR>The database and directory as far as i can tell are not read-only,here is my code below:<BR><BR>DBconnStr = "driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};dbq=" & Server.MapPath("Database/stylist.mdb")<BR>Set DBconn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>DBconn. Open DBconnStr<BR><BR>Set objRSAddRow = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>objRSAdd Row.Open "Barbie", DBconn, 2, 3, 2<BR>objRSAddRow.AddNew<BR><BR> objRSAddRow.Fields("CustID") = ""& ClientID &""<BR> objRSAddRow.Fields("Name") = ""& Name &""<BR> objRSAddRow.Fields("Email") = ""& Email &""<BR><BR>objRSAddRow.Update<BR>objRSAddRow.Close <BR>Set objRSAddRow = Nothing<BR>Set DBconn = Nothing<BR><BR>Please Help!,<BR>Tim<BR>

Mike B Guest

Default RE: Insert trouble with access

We had some trouble similar to what you are experiencing and we just moved the database to a directory outside of the web site (i.e. C:DBFILESDATA) on the same computer as the web site. This seemed to clear up the problem. Another benefit is that when the database is outside of the web server directory (C:inetpubwwwroot) someone cannot guess your database name and download the whole thing like they can when it is located under the web server directory structure.<BR><BR>Hope this helps<BR><BR>Mike

Tim Burks Guest

Default RE: Insert trouble with access

Thank You for your help,<BR>that solution seemed like a good one but it did not clear up the problem. Anymore suggestions?

Tim Burks Guest

Default RE: Insert trouble with text file

I tried moving to using a text file as a data holder, i still get an error relating to permissions.<BR>I have made sure the directory has write access and script enabled. It works fine in pws but when i put it on iis4.0 it gives me the error below:<BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a0046&#039 <BR><BR>Permission denied <BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated!<BR>Thank you,<BR>Tim<BR>