Rename Access 2k Table Name

Thread: Rename Access 2k Table Name

Default Rename Access 2k Table Name

I know you can create a table via an SQL statement but can you rename a table (access 2000) via an SQL statement? I have tried the following and I get an error.<BR><BR>SQL="RENAME TABLE testing5 TO testing6"<BR><BR>This is the error message I get:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80040e14&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Invalid SQL statement; expected &#039;DELETE&#039;, &#039;INSERT&#039;, &#039;PROCEDURE&#039;, &#039;SELECT&#039;, or &#039;UPDATE&#039;. <BR><BR>/mstest/renametable.asp, line 23 <BR><BR><BR>Any Suggestions?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.

Default RE: Rename Access 2k Table Name

Perhaps check out the following:<BR><BR>Working with ADOX by Ramesh Balaji and Scott Mitchell - 1/31/2001<BR><BR>"...demonstrates how to use the ADO Extensions library (ADOX) to create an Access database and an Access database table on the fly! Microsoft released ADOX with ADO version 2.1 to provide a clean, object-based approach for creating, reading, and modifying low-level database information (information such as tables, indexes, keys, queries, etc., as opposed to just data). This article by Ramesh provides a good introduction to using ADOX to create a sample Access database from an ASP script and how to programmatically determine the tables/keys/indexes in a database. Read on to learn more!"<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR> - Web Database Developer<BR><BR>Bullschmidt Bar Chart - Free ASP Bar Chart Tool<BR><BR>