Hello, Just wondering if anyone can help me, I&#039;m starting to program some VB with visual studio.NEt (it&#039;s the first time i&#039;ve done this) and I was wondering how to get the value of the text boxes:<BR><BR>At the moment i have a form with a text box and a button, i&#039;ve got it so far to pop up a msgbox when the button is clicked but i&#039;d like to know how to get it to pop up a msgbox with the text of the textbox with in it. can i do this?<BR><BR>Also can you explain how forms work in VB? are they the same principal as forms in ASP/HTML ? if not could you explain them to me and how i can get them to work (just like a demo project for me to get my teeth stuck into :)<BR><BR><BR>any help would be great, thanks<BR><BR>Jonathan Tooze<BR><BR>PS here is the code i have at the moment..<BR><BR>Public Class Form1<BR> Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form<BR><BR>#Region " Windows Form Designer generated code "<BR><BR> Public Sub New()<BR> MyBase.New()<BR><BR> &#039;This call is required by the Windows Form Designer.<BR> InitializeComponent()<BR><BR> &#039;Add any initialization after the InitializeComponent() call<BR><BR> End Sub<BR><BR> &#039;Form overrides dispose to clean up the component list.<BR> Protected Overloads Overrides Sub Dispose(ByVal disposing As Boolean)<BR> If disposing Then<BR> If Not (components Is Nothing) Then<BR> components.Dispose()<BR> End If<BR> End If<BR> MyBase.Dispose(disposing)<BR> End Sub<BR> Friend WithEvents Label As System.Windows.Forms.Label<BR> Friend WithEvents Button1 As System.Windows.Forms.Button<BR> Friend WithEvents OpenFileDialog1 As System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog<BR> Friend WithEvents TextBox2 As System.Windows.Forms.TextBox<BR> Friend WithEvents Label1 As System.Windows.Forms.Label<BR> Friend WithEvents RichTextBox1 As System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox<BR><BR> &#039;Required by the Windows Form Designer<BR> Private components As System.ComponentModel.Container<BR><BR> &#039;NOTE: The following procedure is required by the Windows Form Designer<BR> &#039;It can be modified using the Windows Form Designer. <BR> &#039;Do not modify it using the code editor.<BR> &#060;System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThrough()&#06 2; Private Sub InitializeComponent()<BR> Me.Label1 = New System.Windows.Forms.Label()<BR> Me.Button1 = New System.Windows.Forms.Button()<BR> Me.TextBox2 = New System.Windows.Forms.TextBox()<BR> Me.Label = New System.Windows.Forms.Label()<BR> Me.OpenFileDialog1 = New System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog()<BR> Me.RichTextBox1 = New System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox()<BR> Me.SuspendLayout()<BR> &#039;<BR> &#039;Label1<BR> &#039;<BR> Me.Label1.Anchor = System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.None<BR> Me.Label1.Location = New System.Drawing.Point(16, 312)<BR> Me.Label1.Name = "Label1"<BR> Me.Label1.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(128, 16)<BR> Me.Label1.TabIndex = 6<BR> Me.Label1.Text = "Enter Your Name Here"<BR> &#039;<BR> &#039;Button1<BR> &#039;<BR> Me.Button1.Anchor = System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.None<BR> Me.Button1.Location = New System.Drawing.Point(80, 344)<BR> Me.Button1.Name = "Button1"<BR> Me.Button1.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(288, 23)<BR> Me.Button1.TabIndex = 1<BR> Me.Button1.Text = "Go"<BR> &#039;<BR> &#039;TextBox2<BR> &#039;<BR> Me.TextBox2.Anchor = System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.None<BR> Me.TextBox2.Location = New System.Drawing.Point(160, 312)<BR> Me.TextBox2.Name = "TextBox2"<BR> Me.TextBox2.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(224, 20)<BR> Me.TextBox2.TabIndex = 5<BR> Me.TextBox2.Text = ""<BR> &#039;<BR> &#039;Label<BR> &#039;<BR> Me.Label.Anchor = (System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.Left Or System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.Right)<BR> Me.Label.Location = New System.Drawing.Point(48, 16)<BR> Me.Label.Name = "Label"<BR> Me.Label.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(352, 24)<BR> Me.Label.TabIndex = 0<BR> Me.Label.Text = "Hello This is my first VB project, Please click the button labled ""go""."<BR> &#039;<BR> &#039;RichTextBox1<BR> &#039;<BR> Me.RichTextBox1.ForeColor = System.Drawing.SystemColors.HotTrack<BR> Me.RichTextBox1.Location = New System.Drawing.Point(8, 48)<BR> Me.RichTextBox1.Name = "RichTextBox1"<BR> Me.RichTextBox1.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(448, 248)<BR> Me.RichTextBox1.TabIndex = 7<BR> Me.RichTextBox1.Text = ""<BR> &#039;<BR> &#039;Form1<BR> &#039;<BR> Me.AutoScaleBaseSize = New System.Drawing.Size(5, 13)<BR> Me.ClientSize = New System.Drawing.Size(464, 389)<BR> Me.Controls.AddRange(New System.Windows.Forms.Control() {Me.Label1, Me.RichTextBox1, Me.TextBox2, Me.Button1, Me.Label})<BR> Me.Name = "Form1"<BR> Me.Text = "Form1"<BR> Me.ResumeLayout(False)<BR><BR> End Sub<BR><BR>#End Region<BR><BR> Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click<BR> Dim MyMail As Object<BR> MsgBox(, MsgBoxStyle.Information)<BR> End Sub<BR>End Class<BR>